Popular Posts

Wednesday 20 November 2013

MY INTERVIEW



Interviewer: Audrey, do you like being a woman?
Me: Yeah, I do. Very much.
Interviewer: why?
Me (incredulous): Why! Oh, I don’t know. Maybe because the love of my life is a guy and I don’t have intentions of being gay!
Both of us laughing.
Interviewer: But seriously, why?
Me: I think being a woman is wonderful. One, I didn’t choose to be born one. I kind of think about it like falling in love. You don’t really have a choice on whom you fall in love with, same with being male or female. There are just two options; either grumble away or accept it and enjoy it. It’s simple really. Two, I get to wear pretty dresses.
Interviewer: Since you bring it up, what do you think about love?
Me: I don’t think love is blind. In fact, it probably is the most vigilant of all things. It has just perfected the art of overlooking a lot of stuff.
Interviewer: where did you get that? Is it from a book?
Me (laughing): Why? Does it sound too ‘fortune cookie-ish’?
Interviewer: It sounds like you’ve spent a lot of time thinking about it.
Me: That is all I ever do.
Interviewer: Okay, moving on. Are you religious?
Me: No. I’m a Christian.
Interviewer: And controversial, I see.
Me: A bit. Yeah. But Buddhism is a religion and Islam too. I’m neither. I’m a Christian.
Interviewer: Back to love.
Me: uh uh!
Interviewer: Ever been in love?
Me: Do I sound like I haven’t?
Interviewer: Now I don’t need to ask if you are a Ghanaian. You are. Have you?
Me: Yeah, where do you think I get all my ‘apor’ from? Have you ever been in love?
Interviewer: Audrey, I’m the one asking the questions, remember?
Me (exaggerating my surprise): Are you ashamed of being in love? My, my! You are blushing too.
Both of us laughing.
Interviewer: Okay, Audrey. Stop hijacking my show. Are you anti-marriage?
Me: No!!! I’m very pro-marriage.
Interviewer: Are you married?
Me: No.
Interviewer: Why?
Me: I’m waiting for you.
Interviewer: I am married.
Me: Divorce her.
Me (batting my eyelashes): I’ll be a better wife.
Laughter.
Interviewer: what do you want in a husband?
Me: A non-negotiable requirement is that he should know how to ride a bicycle.
Interviewer: I’m sorry, what?
Me: He should know how to ride a bicycle. Do you know how to ride one?
Interviewer: No, I don’t.
Me: Oh, then I’ve waited in vain all these hours. Hahahaha! You are disqualified.
Interviewer: I told you. Why a bicycle?
Me: Because I don’t know how to ride one and I want it to be my husband who teaches me.
Interviewer: You are such a character!
Me: We all have our quirks.
Interviewer: Last question. What do you think of submission of women to men in marriages?
Me: Submission isn’t slavery. It’s only difficult when you think of it as such. It’s like a tug of war. There isn’t a tug of war if one person refuses to pull.
Interviewer: it’s been nice having you on the show, Audrey. Thank you very much.
Me: loved being here. Thank you too.
Interviewer: This has been my time with Audrey. You heard her, guys; if you are an aspiring husband learn to ride a bicycle! Goodnight y’all!

****what? Like you never played ‘left hand’ against ‘right hand’ before? ****
THANKS FOR READING FOLKS!

6 comments:

  1. wow. nice piece of work. That's ma girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, smart, witty! U rock Harry Audrey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much bernard.........thank u, thank u

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww! Maame, danke, danke. is that how it's said in german? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. The piece is as good as your quintessential self revealed in it

    ReplyDelete