Popular Posts

Wednesday 28 August 2013

FREEWILL



I visited the town of consequences and met the kinsmen of disobedience
The hell of our ‘had I knowns’.
Imagining the heaven housing the family of obedience;
Echoes of advices long since heard,
Regrets of actions never undertaken,
And the shame of fears never conquered;
My constant companions.
Just a drop of reprieve did I crave,
To moisten the patched lips of my conscience.

There is a frustratingly soundless megaphone in my hands.
It turns my desperate shouts to whispers.
I struggle to reach out to the lovers in my heart.
Only they cannot hear me.
Oh, how I know your ends from the very first steps you have taken.
How I so want to give you the heaven I imagine all day long.
The hell we can so easily endure because of the deceitfulness of our freewill.

No comments:

Post a Comment