Popular Posts

Thursday 19 September 2013

IT'S A GAME



All of a sudden I don’t want to wait.
Wait for another one of your blows
Self preservation is a powerful incentive.
When did I become selfish?
Does it mean that love is lost?
I don’t want to give up what love has offered me all these years.
A chance to be a true daughter of my Father.
But this hurdle, I refuse to cross.
You can’t make me!
I won’t let you!
You put it there!
Now we must all suffer for it.
I’m not bailing you out this time.
It’s the perfect set-up for the ‘they all lived happily ever after’
I have been after all these years.
Just separate forevers, but we will make do.

A love that doesn’t hurt?
I scoff!
That only happens when there is no ego.
And we’ve got plenty, you and I.
The extremists of selfishness and selflessness are the hopeless.
They have nothing to lose.
But we have each other to lose.
We just don’t care.
You never did, and now I don’t too.
Careful, lest the student becomes more than the master.
A girl can take just this much,
Even when she is having fun.
Even if nobody understands this, I know you will.
You always do.
One of the things I love about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment