Popular Posts

Wednesday 25 September 2013

MEN DON'T TEAR



Men don’t cry
Where I come from men don’t cry
Men can hit and break but men don’t cry
God didn’t give them the ducts
Men can hurt and bleed but they don’t cry
So I concluded that they can’t cry.

Women are weak.
Where I come from women are weak
Why else will it awe everybody when she is strong?
Where I come from tears are the woman’s answer to everything.
Yes, women are weak,
Over here, where I come from.

One day we travelled.
A movie at a time
We saw what was natural and what was unreal.
Now we are torn
Between the culture that groomed us and the one we wish to adopt.
For even though we wish our men stoic and strong, we wish they would with passion display their hurt like they do their anger.
And as we love protecting and guarding our women like eggs, we wish they wouldn’t break when they fall.
We are the worst culprits of them all, we who cannot decide who we ought to be or want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment