Popular Posts

Monday 23 September 2013

FAITHFUL



I have wondered countless times about what exactly I can say about You that will be new and unique.
The psalmist has called You his shepherd.
The patriarch, Jireh, his provider.
Many names in different times have You been called.
What is it about You?
I have sat where others have claimed they got their inspirations and nada.
I have tried to feel more than I think.
It just made me sound lame to my own ears.
Maybe it’s not the where that is important but the who.
You oh Lord are my inspiration.
You may be my inspiration but upon all I have read about You,
Heard about You and seen about You,
Nothing humbles me more than Your faithfulness.
All those other names, You are and more, but when I am asked who this God of mine is?
Nothing comes to mind other than Your faithfulness, in love and in all You are.
All those years ago You showed me Your faithfulness and true to form You haven’t changed.
I know You probably prefer to be called I AM
But allow me to call You Faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment