Popular Posts

Tuesday 17 September 2013

YOU DESERVE BETTER



A chance to breathe.
Just a breath of fresh air.
I’ve grown tired of you already.
I tried to pull you out and ended up hurting my soil.
When did you grow such deep roots?
It is not enough that you’ve burrowed deep enough to draw tears.
Must you suffocate me with how far your vines reach?
You deserve better.
I deserve better.
We owe it to each other.
It is not you, it’s me,
I am tempted to say.
Except it is a hated sentence,
And you really deserve better.

When you asked for my key I sent you out to chase shadows.
All the while, I had the key close to that which it must open.
And why not?
Your brother made me this way.
I realize now that you are not your brother.
And also that you deserve better.
When these tears dry off your cheeks,
Will you please find it in that precious gem of yours,
To forgive me.
Love, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment