Popular Posts

Wednesday 23 October 2013

ORIGINALITY



It almost always starts this way
A searing burning in my heart
     Racing heartbeats
Then there is the pin like pain in my head
Most definitely these tell me I am due
Those are my birth pains
When they come I write because that is how my words are born
There are times I have tried to induce them
Because I have heard it said that ‘you can’t wait forever’.
What has happened afterward no mother has had to do
Kill her own babies
It doesn’t help that stars have already blazed their trails on this path
I have gone in search of what others have done
Those are the days I have questioned what I have to give
And whether my footprints will even make indents in the path
Thank God the path is not made of glass
You are gonna ask for my autograph someday
When that day comes you are gonna wanna have a talk with me a bit
Then, maybe I might not have the luxury of time because of all the autographs I have to sign
When that day comes, just know I am just a girl who didn’t quit.
A girl who didn’t stop believing
A girl who believes in fairy tales
I have made up my mind
I am gonna write out of what I feel
In no particular order
Following no one’s rules
Just keeping it real.
Stay with me
Grow with me
Walk the red carpet with me

No comments:

Post a Comment