Popular Posts

Wednesday 30 October 2013

MY DATE



Mama taught me to be courteous, bless her heart
She taught me to say thank you and sorry when I offend
She also taught me to say little and mean much
But I am sorry I took her advice to mind my own business when walking on the streets
I would have met him sooner
He always passed me by
Trying to get my attention
I didn’t give him my time of day
That is why he bumped into me
Quite intentionally
I had to be really rude not to acknowledge him then
To say sorry, I had to look him in the eye
To look him in the eye, I had to get past that smile
To get past that smile, I had to curb my captivation
He ran smack into me
And I have learnt my lesson
From now on, I doubt I would miss much of his calls
One of my best dates is with a guy called OPPORTUNITY

No comments:

Post a Comment