Popular Posts

Saturday 21 December 2013

DILEMMA V



 
Freda wanted to know when Adom’s birthday was………….as if she wouldn’t find that on Facebook or from Adom himself. I was tempted to give her a wrong date but thought twice about that. I really don’t recall much from our conversation; seeing as I’m trying to pretend she doesn’t exist. She would love it if we became friends, or so she said. Like hell!

On said Saturday, I woke up at six, (very early for me but my love life was at stake so no complaints). It took me an hour to decide what clothes to wear. By the time Adom came to pick me up, I had donned snug denim pants and a purple tank top with the inscription, ‘I’m hot n I know it’. I added a wide brimmed hat just for effect. I was going for the kill. I smiled at myself at the mirror. No man stood a chance at my overall effect today. Well, not unless he were a eunuch.
We were at the beach by nine am and we found a relatively private spot to set up shop. We got to chatting about lots of stuff and I skillfully brought up my relationship with Bill.

“Make him jealous.” Adom suggested.
“I can’t. He doesn’t care enough to be jealous. I mean, you don’t do the bullshit he does when you are in love, do you?”
“Then dump him.”
“I can’t do that either.”
“Yeah right!”
“No, I mean I literally can’t. He broke my virginity so he has to be the one I marry. I have standards, contrary to what people might think.”
“I don’t believe this! You are open minded enough to indulge in pre-marital sex but not open minded enough to kick his sorry ass out the door for being a prick?”
“Hey! We all can’t have the perfect relationship.” That was bait I threw him to see if he would come right out and tell me the nature of his relationship with Freda. I should have saved my breath though. He didn’t bite.
“What happens if he doesn’t marry you?”
I knew by now that Bill has no intention of marrying me but I wasn’t ready to accept that yet; At least not enough to discuss it even with Adom.
“Oh, I don’t know. I don’t have all the answers.” I replied instead.

“You know what I think?”
“Oh, yeah! I know plenty of what you think.”
“You’ve not had enough. When you do, he wouldn’t last a minute longer.”
“In his own way, he loves me, you know.”
“No, he doesn’t. You just said so yourself.”
“So, how is Miss Perfect?” I asked, trying to change the subject. This wasn’t going the way I’d imagined it at all.
“Who?”
“Your girlfriend, Freda, Miss Perfect.”
“You call her Miss Perfect?”
“Of course! I mean she has to be. Any girl who is able to capture your attention has to be right?”
“His face took on a queer expression. Then he burst into laughter.
“Is that what you think? You are incorrigible.” He said.

“Wait, wait. You knew that I slept with him, didn’t you?”
“I guessed. The guilt was written all over you for weeks.”
“Ewww! It’s so creepy, the way you know me.”
“Just like you know me.”
“I guess you are right. Like how I know right now that you are still a virgin.”
“Amanda!”
“What?”
“My sex life isn’t up for discussion.”
“Oh? And mine is?”
“You brought yours up. It’s fair game.”
“I think it’s admirable. Unmarried ladies who aren’t virgins are judged and crucified, sometimes even by guys like Bill, who have no right. And here you sit. I doubt there is anyone in the world who would think less of you for having sex before marriage. After all, you are a man. You have every right to criticize anyone you want.” I said. See? I can be pretty matured and wise too.
“You are my best friend. You are supposed to say that. That is IF I were a virgin.” He said with emphasis.
“I think it’s cute. Adom the virgin! Makes for a nice movie title, don’t you think? Hahaha!”
He threw some popped corn at me. Popped corn and fruit juice; that was our lunch, for by now, it was lunch time.
“Ow!” I said.
“What? It’s just popped corn. You are such a girl!”
“In case, you haven’t noticed, I am a girl.”
“Even a blind man would notice.” He muttered.
“Are you flirting with me, Mr. Grace? What would your girlfriend think?” I teased and we both burst into idiotic laughter.

The story continues next time…………….

No comments:

Post a Comment