Popular Posts

Monday 10 February 2014

AMONG OTHER THINGS



I fear
I fear that comfort gets too comforting
I fear
I fear I’ll see the end of my fear
I fear that my triumph over fear will make me invincible
I fear I’ll love
I fear I’ll love till there is nothing left but love
Because it will consume me
I fear their scorn
I fear I’ll get used to their scorn
Get used to it till it can produce nothing but deadness within

When I have travelled the world
Every city, town and village
And even the universe
With the time allotted me on earth
Where am I left to go?
The songs that play on the stereo
Can’t believe they twisted the truth about love
I have listened to them one too many times
Even they lose their clout when listened to
One too many times
When I have listened to all there is to listen
There has to be something more to life
This can’t be all there is to life
As I travel and see and listen
The meaning of life I still continue to seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment