Popular Posts

Wednesday 15 January 2014

THORN IN SIDE

Tell it to my heart not to bleed.
Tell it not to breathe
Tell it to my thoughts not to wander
Tell my memories that it is enough now
Enough
You don’t really need to see every tear squeezed out before you are convinced I bleed, do you?
Or see every ghastly bruise before you believe I feel?
Where in the manual did it state that love was supposed to be a torture chamber?
I must have missed it
Because I don’t remember.
I can see it in your eyes that I am a thorn in the side.
I know you are already at the finish line
But bear with me.
I am just starting the sprint.
I keep turning the door on its hinges
In, out, out, in.
In or out
I am not sure.
The squeaks and noise
It is the sound of the door
The sound of worn out hinges
At least pretend it’s gotten your attention
But nooooo, you barely blink.
It has become a lullaby.
Your lullaby.
Maybe you plan to sleep through till kingdom come.
But the door is heavy
It takes energy
And I am tired.
I want it to end
I just don’t know the exit plan.
But at this rate,
I should be seeking it with all I’ve got.
Didn’t the Good Book say somewhere in the lines to ‘seek and you shall find’?
Maybe I should seek
 Seek to lose you
I did seek to find you
In my dreams
Now I have to let my dreams go
Before I let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment